2010 Maverick Breechens Chardonnay Roussanne Viognier Riesling

$18.00

Maverick Breechens is truly our “Maverick house wine”. The grapes used reflected each year what in our opinion gives the best blend. In 2010 the mix is 63% Chardonnay and the other 37% from 3 other white varieties grown by us. The wine is bright, lively and complex showing lovely primary and secondary varietal characters.

  • Vintage: 2010
  • Region: Barossa
  • Grape Varieties: Chardonnay, Rousanne, Viognier, Riesling
  • Alcohol: 12.8%
  • Total Acidity: 6 g/L
  • pH: 3.28
  • Wine Maker: Ronald Brown

Tasting Notes

  • Colour: Bright pale yellow with green hues.
  • Bouquet: Flavours and aromas of ripe melons and citrus combine with more subtle notes of crème brulee, nuts, spices and vanilla bean.
  • Palate: Soft and round with lovely texture and intensity. Elegant spicy oak and fine tannins further contribute to this well balanced wine which shows lovely length and texture. A perfect accompaniment for seafood, Asian cuisine and white meats.
  • Vineyard & Vintage Comments: The grapes are all vinified in our winery. The Chardonnay is from the Een Valley and is partly fermented in oak, partly in a subtle blend of newer and older oak which gives structure and complexity but does not in any sense dominate the wine. The wine has great balance and elegance, and although the least expensive of the Maverick offerings is a perfect example of what our house has to offer.

Where can you find it?

Our wines can be found in many of the world's top restaurants. Please click on the restaurant link to view a list of restaurants serving our wines. For a list of distributors please click on the distributor list.